For years now, our core area of expertise at TSP Theissen Stollhoff & Partner mbB has included the structuring of complex planning agreements, the provision of legal assistance with construction projects as early as in the planning phase, as well as the expedited resolution of any issues concerning liability or fees.
The legal services we provide in the field of architect law are:
- Advice on the structuring of contracts with planners, including agreements for services by a consortium of planners.
- Conceptualization and synchronization of contracts concluded for the services of general planners, specialist planners, and project managers.
- Sound legal advice and representation in all matters involving fees, whether or not they are governed by the Honorarordnung für Architekte und Ingenieure (HOAI, Official Scale of Fees for Services by Architects and Engineers).
- Advise clients on how to handle demands for fee guarantees under architect law, i.e. pursuant to sections 650e and 650f of the Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch (BGB, German Civil Code).
- Competent advice and prompt resolution of any and all legal issues arising from the premature termination of contracts for architectural services.
- Enforcement of claims for architect’s liability, in cooperation with property insurers and third party liability insurers and others.
- Handling of overruns in the construction budget.
- Resolution of any questions relating to the existence and scope of claims under architect law, and if need be, development of a legal defense in this context.